As recipients of the 2018 Pacific Media Network Social Enterprise award, we like to ensure we continue supporting communities, while continuing with our core work.
Here are a few things Moana Research has supported over the years:
- Baby Loss NZ – every year in October, we volunteer during Baby Loss awareness week and provide a koha to help with the important work Baby Loss does with families.
- Sponsored uniforms – we have sponsored uniforms for sports teams in our local communities.
- Scholarship – in 2020 we provided our first scholarship to student Leilani Robertson studying a Bachelor of Health Science and Bachelor of Commerce (conjoint) degree at the University of Auckland.
- South Auckland STEM – we sponsored lunches for the South Auckland STEM programme during the October 2020 school holiday programme.
- DIGIFALE – we sponsored the appreciation dinner for the first DIGIFALE cohort, in acknowledgement of their achievements.
- Seminars – wherever possible, our seminars are free for community members to attend.